Saturday, December 20, 2014

Wishlist: Makeup books

I have been obsessed with makeup since early teens and since I was/am really pale in my face, I even started using a mauve eyeshadow as a blush on my face when I was about 15 :)
My first makeup book was a gift from a friend more than 10 years ago - it was Face Forward by Kevyn Aucoin. This book is amazing and so inspirational, I just love it and find new and exciting stuff each time I open it! It would be a great gift for every makeup lover out there :)
This book made me want to learn and perfect my makeup application and I have been dreaming about becoming a makeup artist since :)

I already have several makeup books and I love reading or just flipping through them time and again.
In my collection there are two books from Jemma Kidd - Make-Up Masterclass and Make-Up Secrets . I also have a book by Scott Barnes who is the makeup artist that created the famous "Jennifer Lopez glow" called About Face. And I also have the Express Makeup by Rae Morris.

But if you think that's enough for me, you are so very wrong :D
I still have a lot of books in my wish list that I would be very happy to own :)

1. Classic Beauty: The History of Makeup by Gabriela Hernandez - that would be such an amazing book to see the evolution of cosmetics from ancient times through today. I've been keeping an eye on this book for over a year but it is kind of pricey :)
2. Makeup Your Mind by Francois Nars - because it's written by HIMself
3. Everything Eyes by Bobbi Brown - I'm all about the eyes. Eyeshadow is my most favourite makeup product and I have hundreds of them. I'm obsessed with eyes :)
4. Quick Looks by Rae Morris - all of us are constantly in a hurry so a few tips on how to look good fast is always welcome :)
5. Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual by Bobbi Brown - seems that every makeup addict out there has this book and so should I :)


Ma olen meigist ja kosmeetikast olnud huvitatud juba varajastest teismelise aastatest.
Eriti suur meigihullus ning unistus meigikunstnikuks saada algas hetkest kui sõbranna enam kui kümme aastat tagasi tõi USAst mulle legendaarse MUA Kevyn Aucoin'i kirjutatud raamatu Face Forward.

Mul on erinevaid meigiraamatuid riiulis veel, sealhulgas ka kodumaine Jumestusjutud, kus on autoritelt sisse kirjutatud ka armas pühendus :)
Minu riiulist leiab veel Jemma Kidd'i Make-up Masterclass ja Make-up Secrets. Austraalia ühelt kuulsaimalt meigikunstnikult Rae Morris'ilt on minu riiulis Express Makeup. Scott Barnes on kuulsa Jennifer Lopezi "kuma" looja ning tema sulest ilmunud About Face omab ka auväärset kohta minu kogus.

Kui te aga arvate, et sellest mulle piisab, siis oi! te eksite :D

Minu soovinimekirjas on veel suur hulk raamatuid, mida tahaksin omada:

1. Classic Beauty: The History of Makeup - kui palju huvitavaid fakte ja avastamisrõõmu see raamat mulle pakuks. Kaotaksin seda lugedes kindlasti aja- ja ruumitaju :)
2. Makeup Your Mind - sell raamatu author on TEMA use - Fracois Nars.
3. Everything Eyes - raamatu on kirjutanud kuulus meigikunstnik Bobbi Brown. Oma meigis panen kõige suuremat rõhku just silmadele ning lauvärvid on minu kõige lemmikum ilutoode üldse. Seega, see raamat ongi mõeldud täpselt mulle :D
4. Quick Looks - autoriks jällegi Rae Morris. Raamat keskendus nippidele, kuidas kiiresti veatu tulemus saavutada ja seda on meil kõigil vaja, eksju :)
5. Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual võiks igal endast lugupidaval meigihullul olemas olla ja nii ka minul :)

P.S. Postituse inglisekeelses osas viivad lingid Book Depository raamatupoodi, kus hinnad on mõnevõrra soodsamad ja postikulu üle maailma tasuta ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment